Friday, June 17, 2016

day 7

quote of the day: "people are so pretty here."

we are on our way to Oslo, Norway, by bus. six months ago I told courtney no way I'm traveling by bus. I have this totally wrong imagine of buses in my head cause I'm American we don't use them. I think the bus was the best way to go. court and I felt like we were on a college road trip again. how much more fun could it get. it was all fun until someone thought it was okay to bring a fish sandwich in the bus then we thought we were gonna throw up. but overall the drive was beautiful. 
I would consider court and I pretty good travelers, fairly low maintanece. but I think I was wrong we are a mess. court has gashes in her heels from bad shoes choices and blisters on her hand from kayaking yesterday. I have a canker in my mouth the size of mars, but I'm still eating the sweets! 
but all is well here no need to worry. our bus arrived around 1 pm. one look at the map and we can get around the whole city, we are getting really good at this stuff! we are thinking amazing race might be a good tv show for us! everything in Norway is so modernized. sure the buildings are old but everything inside is more modern than the states. out hotel doesn't even have a receptionist, we checked in on a machine and it popped out room keys for us so strange. 
we caved and got Burger King, we were craving fries so bad. the Burger King was in the mall this is when we noticed how pretty the people are. everywhere we went we'd say "the people are so pretty here." I'm convinced that no one works in Europe. there are people everywhere at all times of the day it's insane. people sitting by the water relaxing, shopping, having a drink, or having food. I'm thinking I should move here if that's the case. 
now we are off to do some sight seeing. we went to the church in city center then over to the parliament building. the parliament was very pretty and beautiful surrounding. 

in search of the palace we ran into the city hall which is the ugliest building I've ever seen. 
but just passed the city hall we heard something going on so we thought we would check it out and look what we found. 
a euro cup viewing, people were everywhere. we had to get ided and our bags checked to get in. no umbrellas allowed court got her's taken away. again we said "the people are so pretty here." the soccer game is where we really notice the pretty people I mean everyone here is gorgeous it unreal.
we watch the end of the england game. we decided to leave to put on some warmer clothes great some dinner and com back that evening for the Germany vs Poland game. Charles told us we needed to try reindeer while in Norway so we looked all over for it but the only plates we found were about 34 bucks which seems ridiculous. so we settled for a normal dish and plan on trying the reindeer tomorrow. 
we usually pay in cash if we have it but it's so hard to know how much thinks are. like this dinner was probably 600.00 NOK and I have dollars, euros, SEK, NOK, and Danish money in my wallet. everytime someone needs change I pull out all my change and say will any of this work? we also have a really hard time with tipping here, we don't know if your suppose to and if you do how much? we could be ripping people off or they could be hitting the jackpot ! 
we headed back to the venue to watch the Germany vs Poland game, it was packed !!!! who knew so many polish were in Norway! they took over the place, chanting, singing, and handing out stuff out. it was nuts!! but so cool and so fun! 
it was such a big deal there was camera guys. people getting interviewed so watch for us in tv! we were sitting right in the middle of the Poland section! but we were secretly cheer for courts country Germany !! 
right before the game got over some nice Norwegian guys say by us. they thought we were Norwegian and we took that as a huge compliment cause the people here are so pretty! again I named them American names cause we couldn't really pronounce there names so we called them big t, magnesium, and Henry. big t was 6'8. 
me: do you play basketball?
big t: why would I play basketball?
me: cause your 6'8
big t: no I don't play basketball, that's stupid. I kayak.
court and I thought this was so funny! here was another conversation we had with them. 
me: do you have a car?
big t: no why would I have a car, I can walk.
me: but cars are so convenient
big t: cars are so 1990
they taught us a few things also. I guess there are polar bears here in the winter on the water and if you live on the island you at able to carry a gun in case the bear attacks. but as soon as you enter the main land the gun is left in a safe on the island. kinda cool! these guys were interesting but super nice, they helped us on what to see tomorrow! they were amazed by the go pro, hence the photo below! 
we looking forward to seeing more of Oslo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment