Sunday, June 12, 2016

day 3


well we learned a lot today, 
- don't stay out till 4 am when your train leaves at 6 am 
- always pack in advance 
- don't sprint to make it to the train just to miss it 
- don't underestimate the train system 
- most importantly, WATCH your choice of words 

quote of the day 
"I'm so stressed" -court

I suspected it would be a rough morning when court and I got back to the house around 3:30 am. court still needed to pack, do laundry, shower, and I needed to blog, all before our train to Copenhagen at 7 am. In order to catch the train we had to walk about a mile to the subway, take that to center station to meet the correct train. court said we need to leave the house at 6:15, one hour of sleep just didn't cut it! 5:45 rolls around and we are struggling to wake up, I've slept maybe 10 hours in the last 4 days but hey it's all about the experience right ! so we scramble to get everything ready and get out the door! as I am getting my shoes on I realize I have an issue, blisters all over my foot! not only is court bleeding out both heels but I got blisters on the heel and bottom of the foot ! we frantically look for band aids but there is not any! I said court I need some tape I need something, I can't walk. I'm thinking she'll throw me some athletic tape, no no they don't have that here! so this is how the day started. 
let's just say I am thankful for the tape. as we began walking to the subway court says I forgot my jacket, I don't have a jacket, no rain coat, no sweatshirt, it's fine I got an umbrella its fine! there's no turning back. notice the umbrella in her hand.

 At this point court begins with the "I'm so stressed, we're not gonna make it. I'm so stressed" and I I'm just like "it's fine, we'll be fine." but I have no sense of time here I don't understand subways I'm use to being able to drive somewhere and park right then and it not taking long at all. court looks at the clock and it's 6:30 she says the subway comes at 6:34 we have to run, so we ran with 25 pounds of backpack on our back because court insisted on backpacking, she wouldn't allow me to bring a wheel around bag, had to go German style, but at this point I'm thankful for the back pack. 
we begin running and running and running and of course go proing the run, which you should all see. Courtney gets motivational and says 4 minutes we can do this and we are running. as we approach the subway I realize I don't have a ticket, mine expired at 6 am. I say wait I need a ticket she says noooo we are gonna miss it. I thought to myself should I just go with out, no that's not right, I need a ticket so I throw some money in the machine court pushes some buttons and we run upstairs all to realize we missed the subway, 9 minutes wait Courtney is SO STRESSED!!! as we were waiting for the subway a man noticed we were American and started asking us about politics I told him I don't care for either candidate but I would chose trump over Hilary. this guy was talking to the wrong people, mid conversation I said to Courtney am I democratic or republican? he didn't think this was to funny. once we got on the train we could only hope that we would make it in time and the only thing that kept court sane was this nice guy sitting next to her lol 
we arrived at center station just in time, we were even able to get a pretzel and court a coffee for the ride. all the stress for nothing! at this point I was getting sad to leave Hamburg and courts cute kids, we had such a fun time at their house! all aboard, time for the train to leave, we loaded everything up and we were on our way. I've never riden a train and I kept feeling like I was in Harry Potter on my way to hog warts, a lady came out and check out tickets. we were also leaving the country to so customs came around and checked bags even asked a few questions. 
it was probably about 2 hours into the train ride and everyone around us was extremely annoyed by all our talking laughing, and chomping on chips. we were getting all sorts of dirty looks. a voice came on the intercom and of course we didn't pay much attention, all I heard was something about getting off for 40 minutes. everyone starts standing up, court and I are extremely confused. starting asking whatsgoing on? what are you doing? a nice lady says I'm not sure but we have to get off the train for 40 minutes. of course we are the last ones out of the train which ended in some lady yelling at us. as we exited the train we were in some sort of gargage, our first thought was we must have ran out of gas? do trains use gas? maybe a mechanical issue? so we proceed to a door which takes us upstairs. it's started closing as I sneak through, well Courtney was behind me, uhm wasn't sure if she was gonna make it, as I watch the door start shutting more and more she throws her body into it and pushes it back open! hysterical !! there was another man behind court who freaked out just as much as her and did the same thing! I could not stop laughing but this was getting so sketchy! we proceed to go up a few flights of stairs, it opened up to a station so we checked the time and though k we gotta be back her in a half hour. I start looking out the windows and sudden say "we are ona boat, courtney we are on a boat." then I thought again and said no we are on a train this isn't possible, so I thoughtwe were just by water and boats were traveling past us. but no we were literally on a boat. the train drove onto a boat, we didn't need gas we were on a boat! court and I are freaking out!!! who knew! 

we spend some time out on the deck laughing hysterically cause we just couldn't not believe we were on a boat, the dirty looks kept coming and we kept getting louder and laughing harder. we were getting chilly so we went inside and some guys flagged us down, we sat down and talked to them for a bit. there was probably 10 of them they had been in Paris watching the euro cup! we told them we were from USA and they had so many questions for us. the conversation was hysterical. it started with the usual where you from, where you going and why. some how we got on the topic of being Mormon and they were stunned, they said of you wear those weird hats, oh boys have multiple wives, oh your not normal! it was so funny ! there were a few conversations that were taken totally wrong, i told them I like Coke (Coca-Cola) and they immediately thought I like doing cocaine. I asked them about missionaries and they got big eyes and said you like the missionary (sex position) and I about died. court had to explain to them that I don't do either of those and they just couldn't believe it! they were shocked! be careful with your words people everything I say around here is miss interpertated but it was so funny! they told us there names and of course I couldn't pronounce them so I just named them something close. so there was Mathew, tony, colton, Arthur, Boston and a few other I can't remember, but they didn't think it was funny ! 
this is us doing the Sweden symbol, not sure what it means but they were all about it! after another two hours on the train we arrived in Copenhagen and it is beautiful ! 
once we arrive in center station we had two goals, get our next train ticket and find some Danish money! both seem so easy well court has a bunch of cash so she is just exchanging it and I needed at atm. we found an atm but didnt know how much money to withdrawn so I decided ah 200 will be good come to find out that that's only about $10. so that was a failed attempt just gonna stick the the credit card. every country we go to has different currencies so I'm feeling super confused and frankly have no sense of money. 
lucky we were able to check into our hotel early. our hotel room is very small but kinda fun there is a normal bed then an upper bunk where I will be sleeping.
we took a little cat nap due to the lack of sleep then headed out to the city. we headed downtown to nyhavn, it is a canal through the city. as we were walking through Copenhagen we didn't really like it cause there was so many people and just so touristy but once we got to nyhavn it was so much better! we are excited to tour the city more tomorrow! 
we had dinner along the canal, and enjoyed people watching. I am very impressed with the Danish people they are all so pretty. we made a bad choice for dinner, we found out after the fact that there was steak and pork and good places all over but we ordered what they call a sandwich that cost us 400 krons. 
but once again saved by desert, the deserts in Europe are always delicious ! tonight I had a waffle on a stick dipped in milk chocolate it was yum!! we are headed to bed early tonight, tomorrow we will tour Copenhagen and take a boat tour through the canal. 









No comments:

Post a Comment