we saw the sun today!!
after being here for 2 days we couldn't be happier to see the sun. Ireland is gorgeous but it is constantly cloudy and rainy but soooo green. I don't know how anyone could ever live here.
today we left the house for a short day trip to Galway Ireland. this was about and hour and twenty minute from the beach house. we made multiple stops a long the way. we always stop for a Diet Coke for Kirt, pastry for the girls, and some sort of sausage for virg.
as we ventured on we stumbled upon a castle, I should tell you the name of the castles but I don't know them and sadly don't listen to the tour guide. the castles here are much different than castles in the EU. I never realized how different each country in Europe is.
we learned a little history about the castle then headed to the top! once we got to the top there was a very skinny patio all the way around the top with a beautiful view.
we finished our castle tour with some ice cream in the garden! it was delicious!
our tour guide had told us about a hidden river that runs under ground for many miles. but it comes to surface right in front of the castle and it use to be used for drinking water because it's so fresh. so what does Kirt do? hands me a cup and says go get me some water. sure enough, challenge accepted.
we continued on to galway, a fairly big city in Ireland. once we got there we walked along the coast. I had to wash my converse in the ocean, it didn't really help. my mom had some converse in the car thank goodness cause I would have looked silly walking around like that!
galway was fun we walked into the city center, it was really crowded but really fun. Irishmen were playing music and carrying on. we shopped a little then headed back to the house to enjoy the sunset.
tomorrow we will head to dingle Ireland, and we are hoping for some sun!


















No comments:
Post a Comment