we proceeded to get ready for the day because we were going to head into town to see the city! we stopped for breakfast at a Turkish place that had some sort of meat off a stick. they made it into a burrito and it was delicious!!
Hamburg was beautiful, we stopped at the city building, climbed to the top of a church, and ate ice cream by the harbor! might I add we used the go pro and everyone was staring, always!!
after a lot of walking and Courtney bleeding out on both heels we decided it was time for a beverage! so where did court take me? a beach bar, yeah there was no beach it's just a bar were you sit on chairs in some sand! I had a fanta and court had a local beer! she bought the first round so I thought oh its fine I'll buy the second! I headed to the bar, I was next in line and thought oh dear do I tip? do I not? how much? no one speaks English, I can't ask anyone, I'll call court, oh my phone doesn't work. I get up there and he was a nice kid, spoke some English! I told him what I wanted and he said the total was 6,20 euro! I pull out my money, gave him a 5 euro bill, two coins for what I thought a 1 euro but was really two euro! I ended up asking the guys if people tip and he said yes so what was suppose to 4 be 6 euro tab ended up as me looking like a fool and costing me 10 euro, and your not even suppose to tip! court said no more drink duty for me! this is what I get for buying someone a beer :/
oh and we also took a ferry which was all fun until we didn't know what stops it took, didn't know where to get on and off. then I got stuck between two chairs, laughed hysterical and made a huge scene. and what was court doing, taking photos. I also tried to climb some bridge thing which I'm sure what illegal and that ended bad to as you can see.


well for those of you who don't know but Hamburg is a red light district which just means everything is legal! it can be sketchy but I never felt in danger in hamburg it was really pretty! all the action goes on behind this red wall so we avoided that.
once we go back to the house we played with the kids for a little while and the funniest thing happen! August was showing us his dad's car and willa (3 years old) was running around with just a shirt on! as we are looking at the car we look over and willa is in a slight squat position just going pee on the flowers, me and courtney just about died! probably the funniest thing I have ever seen, she proceeded to do it again on the cement right by the door in front of her parents and started singing "LET IT GO LET IT GOOOO" from the movie Frozen! she is adorable!
we thought hey let's run to the store real quick and get some snacks for the train ride! of course, we had to walk to the store no driving. the grocery stores here are so bizzare, nothing like America! everything is fresh and bought at the market, hardly any produce is sold at the store. as we walked out two guys approached us in a car, once again Turkish (we only like their food). he started to ask for directions in Germany and I said English? he said yes of course so we began talking to him and court tried giving him directions and he says ohhh no I have a gps that was just a reason to talk to you girls! he pulls into a parking stop and gets out, me and court just about died laughing when he stepped out of the car with his flip flops, sweat shorts, and polo on. pardon my langue but he really wanted us to come out with him ! he want is to come to his house drink a little then head to the funky pu$$y! me and court once again died laughing and he said why are you laughing and we said uh....and he said it's a bar. at this point we realized we gotta get out of here, I'm trying to take and picture of these guys for the blog but court is not helping the situation so we immediately got away form them ! thank goodness!!! later that night we meet some of courts friends by the harbor to watch the sun set, it was really pretty ! it was cloudy though so we weren't able to see much of a sunset!


















Ahhh!!! This is Courtney's sister!! I'm so happy you two get to be together in a different country. I remember this time of my life and I have some of the very best memories from traveling with friends.
ReplyDeleteLive it up! Lol and stay away from the funky Pu$$y... ���� just kidding. Have fun ladies!!