after an early start we are headed to dingle aka the ring of Kerry. let's just say we didn't quite make it there. virg started feeling ill about 30 minutes into the drive! kristen and I start hearing all sorts of weird sounds coming from him. next thing you know he's talking about how sweaty he is, his feet are feeling clammy, and he's sticking his head out the window for air. if you know kristen and I neither of us have much sympathy so we are dying laughing with every sounds and comment!
we ended up 2 hours short of dingle in a town called limerick. what a beautiful town! it seemed to be one of the older towns in Ireland. we visited pretty cathedral with a cemetery surrounding it.
next we went to King johns castle it was pretty cool. there was a visitors center that everyone looked in for what seemed like 4 hours. Caro and I would go to the next film and sit there until everyone was done with that level then move to the next film. so boring. finally we toured the castle and it was pretty. the view from up top was the best part.
now we are headed to the cliffs of moher!! this is what I have been waiting for all trip! on our way dad accidentally opted out on the Irish traffic rules and started driving on the right side of the road. I was not in his vehicle I was with kristen and virg behind him. virg pulled out and followed him to the right side we quickly realized wrong side. kristen says "stay left" as we are laughing hysterically we notice Kirt is still on he right. kristen throws up her arms and starts gesturing move over, I'm screaming stay left, and virg is flashing his brights. of course they can't hear or see us. as they continue to drive on the right a car is coming the opposite way straight towards them. a last minute swerve to the left and everyone is okay!! kristen and I have never laughed so hard in our lives !!!
it only go worse for dad after that. as we are driving dad pulls over so we do also. dad gets out of his car and comes running back as we notice his crotch is soaking wet, he says I peed! sadly we believed him lol but really he spilled his Diet Coke on his lap. so dad has wet crotch while we toured the cliffs of moher.
we arrived at the cliffs of moher and they were absolutely amazing. probably the prettiest thing I have ever seen! one side is was what seemed like a national park so there was walls to be sure no one fell off! however the other side was fair game you could walk all the way to the edge. of course Kirt and I walked right to the edge while Jan is having a heart attack! it was unbelievable how high but it was so pretty !!! pictures don't do justice.
afterwards we went to a local pub for a great dinner and to watch the Germans beat Northern Ireland in the euro cup. Doreen and caro take the euro cup very seriously. after dinner kristen and I wanted to attempt driving so she drive one car home and I drove the other car home. we made a pit stop along the way to go down to the ocean as kristen gets out of the car she says "I was born to drive in Ireland" after watching her hit many weeds and panic at the tour bus driving towards her I beg to differ!
we walked down to the ocean at sunset, it was so pretty! although the Ireland doesn't have the best weather it is so gorgeous here I can't get enough of it!!
tomorrow we will go on a boat tour to an island and then down around the cliffs of moher.














No comments:
Post a Comment