we are popular in copenhagen !!
quote of the day: "I just got shat on" -boat girl
I don't know if people feel bad for us or think we're cute but we made probably 5 friends today. when I say friends I mean we have to make excuses to get away from them! once again our day started out a rough, when I realized no blow dryer was provided. this describes the bad hair.
we got dressed and headed to the city, court was wearing a skirt and I was wearing a tank top. after walking two blocks we were freezing and realized we forgot the map so turning around was the only option. we headed back to the hotel to try again, remember court has no jacket. we put on a little bit warmer clothes and headed out again. two blocks in I started dying laughing, I mean crying laughing ! court said what's wrong what's so funny, we had forgot the dang map again. we had to go back, there was no other option!
after retrieving the map for the 3rd time we headed to the city. on our way into town we met a really pretty young lady who ask if we needed some help, she suggested we go to the library garden. it sounded difficult to find but we somehow stumbled upon it.
now we were headed to see the palace. we found a bakery and decided to sit down for some food, court and I both got pizza with ham on, it was much better than the pizza in America.
you will NOT believe what we saw while eating our pizza. so court and I were sitting at a bar looking out to the sidewalk and river. as we are eating courtney hits me and says ohhh my gosh. I look up and an old man is peeing in the middle of the sidewalk, people are all around. of course court and I are literally dying in the bakery. causing a scene once again, laughing so hard. the Danish girl next to us saw and is appauled, we are all laughing! people outside saw and looked at us also started laughing hysterically. I couldn't believe my eyes. is this normal? we will never know!!
in the picture above notice the pee but also notice the bikes! there are so many bikes here, I'm talking traffic jams and everything it's like driving a car. oh and people charging up their electric cars.
earlier this week I was reading about Copenhagen and read about climbing the gold steps but we didn't know where they were. as we were walking we noticed a tall church and court noticed people were at the top! I noticed that that was the gold stairs so we made a detour crossing multiple rivers to go see it. so glad we did, it was probably the coolest thing we did in the city. we climbed nearly 400 steps to reaach the top of the church. this church had a spiral staircase around the outside of it.
we got about half way up and started talking to this nice lady with pink hair, we later found out her name was Melissa. she spoke really good English and figured she was American. after taking a few photos we asked where she was from. she was from utah!!! we couldn't believe it. so we spent the rest of the gold stairs with her. she was extremely scared of heights so we helped her through it! afterwards she said "thank you, I wouldn't have gone to the top if I didn't meet you two" we exchanged Facebook info. she was really sweet. we were hoping to meet up with her again.
while we were talking to mellisa I asked if she was Mormon, she said no but the lady in front of us said "your Mormon? so am I!!" she was from england, we spent a lot of time talking to her as well. finally we go to the top of the church and it was absolutely beautiful, I would do it again tomorrow! the view was unbelievable!!
so there was a guard out in front of the palace I thought it would be fun to take a selfie with one, court on one side and me on the other. so I go running up to the guy and say can I take your picture and he says yes, as I approach him he says "2 meters 2 meters" I didn't understand him! I'm standing right next to him, his gun is nearly touching me and he said "2meters" court says "Bailee you can't do that" who knew !! so I got in trouble for that of course but it was still funny and court was super embarrassed of me! so here I am keeping my distance.
please notice I am alone in the photo, court wanted nothing to do with me. now we are headed to another castle as we leave the palace there is some construction going on so we went around it. court has had to go to the bathroom for an hour now, she literally might pee her pants. as we go around this construction we realize it's a dead end, and still haven't found a bathroom. Courtney is just as bad as the old man, she's peeing on the streets of copenhagen. so she's hiding in the corner peeing and this guy is walking towards us, I can't tell if he is a tourist or a policeman, but I knew I had to distract him cause court is literally peeing on the palace. so this guy asks if it's a dead end I say yes and he says dang where are you going. luckily court pops out of the corner without anyone seeing her so she is slightly smarter than the old man! we continue to talk to the Norwegian guy for 10 minutes in this dead end ally! I keep thinking to myself this is so weird, we are in an ally, it's fine! meet Charles!
very nice guy! he was also headed to the castle so he said let's walk together. well if anyone wants to know anything about Charles just ask, cause we spent 3 hours with him! the castle was gorgeous and it was probably good we met charles he was knowledgable and taught us a lot about copenhagen.
we saw more guards at this caste but these guys were hysterical, I asked to take a photo. once again court super embarrassed and Charles is just cracking up! the guards says 1.5 meters I said ohhh so close!! and this kid was dying, couldn't keep a start face and he was shaking his head, he was loving it! and yes Charles became our photographer for the day!
we thought once we were done at the castle we were done with Charles but he insisted we go to the tower that looks out over the city! nothing better than Courtney and Charles looking at a map, they are better than a GPS!
we arrived at the tower and Charles walked us right up to the ticket office, he had already been to the tower so he didn't want to go again! he was such a nice guy and we were thankful to have him! although we didn't really want to go to the top of the tower we had to cause Charles waiting to make sure we got in. this is the only cool thing that came from the tower. everyone needs a Charles! it's now 4 pm and we had to get the the canal boat tour before 5 but neither of us could remember what directions Charles gave us. we started walking, must have been looking lost again cause two guys approached us and asked if we needed help. they were probably 30 years old! we told them what we were doing and asked a few questions! their names were klaus and simon. they immediately said woo such high voices (mimicking our voices) where are you guys from? england? no America. I should have known. I told them I was from utah and Simon had actually heard about Mormons so of course I got the same crazy questions like do guys have multiple wives? is this how Mormons dress? I said yes we are normal! I guess Americans talk a lot especially me, Simon was hysterical. constantly making fun of us. I was asking questions about the map and I guess interrupted his answer and he says "shut up, you American's talk a lot" hahahahah it was sooo funny! but again thankful for these guys and their help with directions!
I don't know if you guys remember the guy who almost didn't make it through the door the other day but we ran into him again!! he said hi and we started chatting with him also! he asked where we were from and we said America and he said really? and I said yeah why? he replied with Americas are usually fat and silly. you guys aren't fat but you are so silly!! us Americans are just a joke around here! now we are headed to our canal boat tour through the city!
we get there just in time to hope on the boat and go! as we sit down the girl next to us is scrambling, we weren't sure what was going on! she looks at us and says "I just got shat on" a bird literally pooped on her head! after helping her get it out we could not stop laughing, poor girl but it was sooo funny!
the canal boat tour was very enjoyable, especially cause we were eating sunflower seeds. we learned a lot about the city and saw many beautiful structures! we ended our night at nyhavn for dinner. court hadn't had steak since she moved to Germany so it was much needed. it was a cold day and something kinda interesting about Europe is that a lot of restaurants are outside, even when it's cold. they provide everyone with blankets and since court forgot a coat she decided she needed two blankets.
we absolutely loved Copenhagen, it was so pretty. the people were cute and very nice! we look forward to heading to Gothenburg tomorrow!




































No comments:
Post a Comment