Wednesday, June 15, 2016

day 5

quote of the day: "is this to Gothenburg?"

today we are headed to Gothenburg Sweden! we are sad to leave Copenhagen cause we really enjoyed our time here but our room was small and we are ready for some different culture! 
this morning was slightly rough court and I decided we would leave the hotel around 9 to go catch the train. I woke up first, looked at my clock and it was 8:56, oops! we quickly got ready. I was really craving a cold coke cause all the drinks here are warm and usually no ice unless you ask for it! so I filled up the sink with the coldest water possible to chill our cokes. 
and we began our walk to central station where we would get on a train to the airport, they would check our passports, then get on another train to Gothenburg. when we got to the station we were told that our train would be one track 5 so there we waited. we figured it was the correct train cause we were headed to the airport and everyone had luggage. when the train arrive it was a double decker train and we were confused as to why! we excitingly jumped on and headed to the top floor. after lookingaround  court said "this is the wrong train, bailee I think this is the wrong train." I said nooo and looked up and it was to hollback. we RAN off the train got off just in time! constantly asking people "it's this to the airport, is this to Gothenburg?" always causing a scene! no need to worrying we made it on the right train to the airport. 
we got to the airport and the questions started flying "is this to Gothenburg?" we were directed to terminal one and we had about half hour till departure. court wanted coffee and I wanted bread but used all our Danish money. so we headed to the terminal after thinking we have 4 hours in a train we need some food well just use a card so court would stay with the luggage and I would head back up to get some food. meanwhile we though the train would be delayed, so I was in no hurry. I got some bread, court a coffee, and me a hot chocolate. I was amazed by the hot chocolate, it was given to me and it was white. I thought where is the chocolate, the picture explains everything! 
as I mossy in back to the train I realize there is a train there so I walk a little faster and say "is this our train, is this to Gothenburg?" everyone looks at us like we are crazy so we jump on. court ask a worker "is this to Gothenburg?" she says yes and no, the carts seperate. you need to be on carts 11-14 and we were on 8. court says wrong train and starts SPRINTING, I've learn to not ask questions just follow, ask later. the whistle blows which means the train is leaving. we must have been lucky cause we got on cart 11 right as the doors were closing. my hearts racing and I'm asking people "is this to Gothenburg?" these people are feeling bad for me but also holding back so many laughs! we made it! we made it to Gothenburg!!
after walking all through central station and ending up in the middle of some mall we were able to find the big I (information desk) what a life saver, when you don't have Charles you need the big I. they gave us a map and pointed us in the direction of our hotel! 
court and I have gotten pretty good at using a map, we got the the hotel in 15 minutes with no wrong turns or nothing. people are a little more sketchy in Sweden. instead of making lots of friends it was just ew, keep walking when poeple would say something to us. 
we dropped our stuff off and thought we'd walk around for a while and get some dinner. we stopped at h&m to buy me a sweater and sure enough I bought jeans instead. as we were walking out I saw missionaries, yelled missionaries and they looked so stunned! I was so excited to see them!! small world, elder Richardson was from ogden, ut and went to ogden high school we had quite of few mutual friends! 
notice the awkward photo cause I didn't know if it was legal to put my arms around them or not! it's wasn't even 100 yards down the road and I yell missionaries!!! and other set of them so sure enough we stop and talk to them for a while also! 
as we walk away court says missionaries aren't even awkward. she must be hearing the stereotypes about awkward missionaries and I'm assuming she hears that from me. court tells me how nervous she was talking to the missionaries cause she felt like she had to button her flannel up to be modest. 
we found what we thought was a killer deal 129 SEK for filet migon. we sit down, so excited to have steak 2 days in a row. the waitress comes around and asks us what we would like, court orders and says I'd like mine medium rare, the lady looks confused and says its pork if we don't cook it you'll get sick. we are holding back laughter but we order it anyway. it ended up being delicious !! we might have to go back again tonight ! 
so far our favorite desert from Sweden was the Hawaiian treat. they were balls with some sort of rice shell and ice cram on the inside. it's sad when you come to Sweden and like the Hawaiian stuff the best. I also stopped at a candy store, loaded up on the candy and ice cream !! 
after walking around all night we found a sports pub where we would watch the euro cup. we met some English guys that were here for work. they were very nice and taught us an assortment of words bloke-man, bird-woman, and jeal-jealous. it was so crazy that even tho they spoke English I still couldn't understand them, we kept joking with them and saying translate please! there was another interesting dude at the bar, slightly creepy and had a few to many drinks. first he thought I was part of the mafia, then was convinced I was a money loiterer. neither which is okay. I was just hoping he would keep his voice down or everyone in the place would be freaking out!
by the end of the night we were told that we laugh like hyenas. we are the happiest people they ever met. we are obnoxious. we cleared out the bar. and that they could hear us laughing from outside. overall we had a great night! we look forward to seeing more of the city tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment