we were sad to leave kaltenbach, it was by far the prettiest place I've ever been. so we started off our day by going to mcdonalds to get a coke lite and some more breakfast, because we don't like sandwiches and that's what is always served at the hotel. we ordered our drinks and food, as we were waiting for everything dad said I'll wait for you guys outside. once we got all our food we headed to the car, but kirt was no where to be found. we waited for about 5 minutes then went to look for him. we found he lounging on the mcdonalds patio eating a donut and coke lite. it was hilarious. then we left there and had to get gas before we left town. who knew it could be so hard to open the gas tank. it started with dad and kristen trying just about everything, then we got a local guy involved. he was pushing things then at one point he was in the car. but after 10 minutes he couldn't figure it out either.

at this point I thought I'd give it a try and went out to the gas tank gave it a punch and it popped open. we think it was just jammed or something but it was quite complicated for a while. finally we were on the road. as we are driving every so often kristen gets really hot or really cold and immediately puts her hand on the vet and says "well...kirt did you do something tothe air?" this usually happens when we are on a small road and she get nervous. the reason I say this is cause it happens 3 times a day for 4 days now. so remember at this point we are in austria and the first thing the GPS says to do is get on the autobahn. well right when we got on we realized we haven't bought a autobahn sticker so we couldn't get pulled over, that's the last thing dad needs. so we redirected and once again we are driving on small roads with no lines. it was beautiful driving through the alps. as we were driving we saw a cool gondola that went to high up the mountain. abby and I suggested hey we should go on that. but sure enough we kept driving. next thing you know we pull over and dad says here's a gondola we'll go up to this one. it just so happened that it was called triassic park, it was a dinosaur park at the top. who knew....
there were plenty of actives for children including a rock wall, wood paddle boards, and zip line. abby and I enjoyed all these things even tho we were a little old. 
but it was so pretty at the top. they had a cool look out and the walk out was see through so you could seen everything below you. it was amazing !
after the triassic park we found a cute little place for lunch. it was local and not many knew english abby, dad, and I ordered a homemade pasta with curry sauce, mushrooms, turkey, and pineapple. it was different but not to bad at all.
as lunch was ending kristen had an issue. she has a scab on her shoulder and somehow it got picked off. well she started bleeding and when I say bleeding I mean BLEEDING. she was losing to much blood and it was so funny. people were looking at us like really..so this is when virgs first aid kit came in handy. continuing on the sketchy road things got a little scary but extremly funny. dad got really tired and all of a sudden we hear a loud honk, come to find out dad checked out for a second and we were driving about 20k when the speed limit was 100k, and there was a good line of cars stuck behind us. it was hilarious !! he really just needed a coke lite. everyone was awake after that. we finally made it to hallstatt, austria and it is gorgeous!! there was no where to park by the hotel so we had to park about 10 minutes out and take a shuttle into town.
we got dropped off in the city center which our hotel looks down upon. this is such a cute little town and our hotel is in a great location.
once we checked in we headed down to the shops to walked around and look at the pretty view. we had a lot of fun just walking around and looking at churches, building, and shops. 

we ended at the prodestant church, it is right in the middle of town and so pretty. kristen lite a candle for grandpa bill while we were there. it was really cool. once again it started raining really hard so we headed back to the hotel to grab our coats, then headed to dinner. dinner was delicious again, I am a big fan of schnitzel. dad was barley hanging on at dinner after a long day...he needed to borrow kristens reading glasses to see the menu. next thing ya know we look over and he has the glasses on and he's dozing off.
tomorrow we will be meeting up with doreen and her family in vienna, austria. I am so excited. but before I go I will

there were plenty of actives for children including a rock wall, wood paddle boards, and zip line. abby and I enjoyed all these things even tho we were a little old. 
but it was so pretty at the top. they had a cool look out and the walk out was see through so you could seen everything below you. it was amazing !
after the triassic park we found a cute little place for lunch. it was local and not many knew english abby, dad, and I ordered a homemade pasta with curry sauce, mushrooms, turkey, and pineapple. it was different but not to bad at all.
as lunch was ending kristen had an issue. she has a scab on her shoulder and somehow it got picked off. well she started bleeding and when I say bleeding I mean BLEEDING. she was losing to much blood and it was so funny. people were looking at us like really..so this is when virgs first aid kit came in handy.
we got dropped off in the city center which our hotel looks down upon. this is such a cute little town and our hotel is in a great location.
once we checked in we headed down to the shops to walked around and look at the pretty view. we had a lot of fun just walking around and looking at churches, building, and shops. 

we ended at the prodestant church, it is right in the middle of town and so pretty. kristen lite a candle for grandpa bill while we were there. it was really cool. once again it started raining really hard so we headed back to the hotel to grab our coats, then headed to dinner. dinner was delicious again, I am a big fan of schnitzel. dad was barley hanging on at dinner after a long day...he needed to borrow kristens reading glasses to see the menu. next thing ya know we look over and he has the glasses on and he's dozing off.
tomorrow we will be meeting up with doreen and her family in vienna, austria. I am so excited. but before I go I willbe adding a guest blog tonight from kristen so stay tuned...





No comments:
Post a Comment